Lead Veterinary Technician | Full-Time| Rye, NY
Technicians | Rye, NY
Seeking an independent, compassionate Lead Technician to join our team!
Why Rye Harrison Veterinary Hospital in Rye, NY?
We’re focused on making sure our hospital has the right tools to allow our doctors and medical staff the ability to provide excellent service and care. In addition to diagnostic and preventative services, our hospital has a laser surgical unit, diagnostic ultrasound machine, digital X-ray units, for both standard as well as dental radiographs, endoscopic equipment, and high-tech monitors for all anesthetic procedures.
We have fun!
Our team participates in fun events throughout the year including RHVH Spirit week, the Annual Summer Food Truck Picnic, Ice Cream Truck visits and other fun activities outside of the hospital. Visit our Instagram page to see who we are and learn more about us!
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have a strong work ethic, preserve a positive personality, capable of communicating effectively, be able to multi-task efficiently in a fast-paced environment, have the ability to work in harmony with a team, possess a well-rounded technical skillset and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to patients as well as clients. Experience with exotics is a plus!
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this
Requirements & Responsibilities:
- Assist the veterinarian in exam rooms and use veterinary software for documenting medical notes
- Perform venipuncture for phlebotomy and catheter placement
- Obtain laboratory sample collection, process and possibly interpret results (fecal/parasite analysis, ear cytology, skin cytology, urinalysis, blood smears)
- Perform diagnostic imaging
- Perform anesthesia
- Prep patients for and assist in surgery
- Perform dental prophies
- Administer vaccines and medications (oral, topical, injectable)
- Fill prescriptions and review directions with clients
- Communicate with and educate clients
- Provide compassionate patient care
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance for licensed technicians
- Guardian voluntary benefits