Veterinary Technician | Full Time | Skippack, PA
Technicians | Skippack, PA
Seeking an independent, compassionate Technician to join our team!
Why Skippack Animal Hospital in Skippack, PA?
We’re focused on making sure our hospital has the right tools to allow our doctor and medical staff the ability to provide excellent service and care. In addition to diagnostic and preventative services, our hospital is equipped with digital radiography, digital dental radiography, in-house labs, cold laser therapy, underwater treadmill, ultrasound, and echocardiogram. We also provide rehabilitation, acupuncture, chiropractic care, shockwave therapy and exotic animal care.
Our team wants you to know...
“Work keeps me busy and engaged, and that makes me happy. Our team really works together to treat our patients and make this a fun, collaborative work environment.”
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this community.
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have a strong work ethic, preserve a positive personality, capable of communicating effectively, be able to multi-task efficiently in a fast paced environment, have the ability to work in harmony with a team, possess a well-rounded technical skill set, and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to patients as well as clients.
- Assist the veterinarian in exam rooms and use veterinary software for documenting medical notes
- Perform venipuncture for phlebotomy and catheter placement
- Obtain laboratory sample collection, process and possibly interpret results (fecal/parasite analysis, ear cytology, skin cytology, urinalysis, blood smears)
- Perform diagnostic imaging
- Perform anesthesia
- Prep patients for and assist in surgery
- Perform dental prophies
- Administer vaccines and medications (oral, topical, injectable)
- Fill prescriptions and review directions with clients
- Communicate with and educate clients
- Provide compassionate patient care
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance for licensed technicians
- Guardian voluntary benefits
Looking to relocate?
Our hospital is located in a very walkable, dog friendly town! You’ll often find us out with our furry friends in Evansburg State Park, strolling through historic Skippack Village, or enjoying all that Philadelphia—just a short drive away—has to offer!