Veterinary Technician | Full-Time | Austin, TX
Technicians | Austin, TX
Seeking an independent and compassionate Technician to join our team!
Why AM/PM Animal Hospital?
We’re focused on making sure our hospital has the right tools to allow our doctor and medical staff the ability to provide excellent service and care. We provide the highest level of veterinary care and pride ourselves on our client communication and the care and compassion of each member of our team. AM/PM believes in a positive work culture and strives to provide a work/life balance to our staff. We promote a positive work environment through team building and a schedule that fits you.
Pay Range: AM/PM offers pay between $17/hr-$21/hr based on experience and specific skillsets. A welcome to the team bonus is offered as well!
Our team wants you to know...
“We are a family. Many of us have been working here for 7+ years and we do our best to work together to create a fun environment. This camaraderie helps to make the busy and sometimes stressful days all worth it.”
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this community.
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have at least 1+ years of recent veterinary technician experience, strong work ethic, preserve a positive personality, capable of communicating effectively, be able to multi-task efficiently in a fast paced environment, have the ability to work in harmony with a team, possess a well-rounded technical skill set, and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to patients as well as clients.
- Assist the veterinarian in exam rooms and use veterinary software for documenting medical notes
- Perform venipuncture for phlebotomy and catheter placement
- Obtain laboratory sample collection, process and possibly interpret results (fecal/parasite analysis, ear cytology, skin cytology, urinalysis, blood smears)
- Perform diagnostic imaging
- Perform anesthesia
- Prep patients for and assist in surgery
- Perform dental prophies
- Administer vaccines and medications (oral, topical, injectable)
- Fill prescriptions and review directions with clients
- Communicate with and educate clients
- Provide compassionate patient care
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance for licensed technicians
- Guardian voluntary benefits
- Great pet benefits