Veterinary Assistant | Full-Time | Madison, WI
Assistants | Madison, WI
Seeking an independent and compassionate Vet Assistant to join our team!
Why Truesdell Animal Care Hospital in Madison, WI?
We’re focused on making sure our hospital has the right tools to allow our doctors and medical staff the ability to provide excellent service and care. In addition to wellness, diagnostic, dental, and surgical services, our hospital is equipped with digital radiography, digital dental radiography, ultrasound, in house laboratory, and nicely equipped dental and surgical suites. We also offer exotic animal care!
Who We’re Looking For:
Candidates must have recent experience working with animals. Our staff takes pride in offering life-long loving care to pets on the east side of Madison and beyond with an outstanding reputation. We’re looking for a selfless team player, someone with a “can-do” attitude, capable of exhibiting compassionate candor, and above all someone dedicated to pets and people. Most importantly, we’re looking for applicants that are team players who enjoy working as part of a fun team in a high energy environment.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this community.
- Assisting Veterinarians and Licensed Veterinary Technicians.
- Handling and restraining pets for exams and procedures.
- Assist in the taking of x-rays
- Monitor and collect urine and fecal samples as needed
- Monitor, record, and report physical signs of hospitalized/boarded pets
- Responsible for cleaning/maintenance of hospital.
- Care of hospitalized/boarded pets as needed
- Fecal parasite sample collection and preparation
- Preparation of a prescription drug, other than a controlled substance, for dispensing
- Surgical assistance to a licensed veterinarian
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary: $16-$19/hr based on experience and skillset
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Employee pet discount