Veterinary Receptionist | Part Time | Shawnee, OK
Reception | Shawnee, OK
Seeking an independent, compassionate Receptionist to join our team!
Why Shawnee Animal Hospital in Shawnee, OK?
We’re focused on making sure our hospital has the right tools to allow our doctor and medical staff the ability to provide excellent service and care. In addition to diagnostic and preventative services, our hospital is equipped with digital radiography, in-house labs, endoscopy, cold laser therapy, ultrasound and portable x-ray. We also offer TightRope CCL repairs, shockwave therapy, ophthalmology services and exotic animal care.
Our team wants you to know...
Birthday parties? We love cake! Movie nights and dinner? Sign us up! Our team is committed to finding a way to laugh and have fun each day. From in-work events to after-hours get-togethers, we genuinely care about and support each other. And that work softball team? We’re working on it!
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have a professional work ethic, positive personality, excellent communication skills, the ability to multi-task efficiently in a fast paced environment, provide a calm demeanor and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to clients.
Schedule: This position is Part Time, 2 -3 days per week, and rotating half-day Saturdays.
You should have at least one year of reception experience; preference given to those with human healthcare or veterinary reception experience. Must be fluent on computers.
- Greet clients and their pets and complete the appointment sign in process which can include: inputting and retrieving information from the computer, confirming the reason for the appointment, receiving and confirming the client's contact information, letting the medical team know the patient has arrived and escort the client to the exam room with their pet.
- Assist clients with check-out including, but not limited to: ensuring services and product sales are correctly accounted, using the practice management software system, handling money, processing credit and debit cards, accepting and recording various forms of payment, and setting future appointments for follow-up visits.
- Answer phone calls from clients requesting appointments, asking questions about the hospital, requesting medication refills and call into pharmacy if needed as authorized by a veterinarian.
- Make outbound phone calls to remind clients of upcoming appointments as well as reminding owners to fast their pet for surgery, set appointments for pets due for services, etc.
- Understand common vaccination protocols, basic lab tests, common diseases, veterinary terminology and pet behavior.
- Assist in cleanliness and maintenance of the hospital to ensure a great client experience.
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) plan
- Guardian voluntary benefits