Veterinary Technician | No Weekends! | Palatine, IL
Technicians | Palatine, IL
Seeking an independent, compassionate Veterinary Technician to join our team!
Why Loving Care Animal Hospital in Palatine, IL?
Loving Care Animal Hospital was proudly awarded DVM Insider's #124 of the Top 500 Veterinary Clinics in the Country! Our goal is to provide the highest standard of veterinary care in a compassionate manner, to develop an open, honest alliance with our clients and to celebrate the human animal bond. We realize that your animal companions are beloved family members and we strive to treat them with special attention.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this community.
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have a professional work ethic, positive personality, excellent communication skills, the ability to multi-task efficiently in a fast paced environment, provide a calm demeanor and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to clients. Prefer applicants to have veterinary experience, but will consider front desk experience over two years in any other field.
- Assist the veterinarian in exam rooms and use veterinary software for documenting medical notes
- Perform venipuncture for phlebotomy and catheter placement
- Obtain laboratory sample collection, process and possibly interpret results (fecal/parasite analysis, ear cytology, skin cytology, urinalysis, blood smears)
- Perform diagnostic imaging
- Perform anesthesia
- Prep patients for and assist in surgery
- Perform dental prophies
- Administer vaccines and medications (oral, topical, injectable)
- Fill prescriptions and review directions with clients
- Communicate with and educate clients
- Provide compassionate patient care
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance for licensed technicians
- Guardian voluntary benefits