Veterinary Receptionist | Part-Time | Madison, WI
Reception | Madison, WI
Seeking an independent and compassionate Receptionist to join our team!
Why Truesdell Animal Care Hospital in Madison, WI?
We’re focused on making sure our hospital has the right tools to allow our doctor and medical staff the ability to provide excellent service and care. In addition to wellness, diagnostic, dental, and surgical services, our hospital is equipped with digital radiography, digital dental radiography, ultrasound, in house laboratory, and nicely equipped dental and surgical suites. We also offer exotic animal care.
Our team wants you to know...
“We are not a cookie cutter clinic. We go out of our way to present all options from the gold standard to the “let’s try this and see” approach. We try our hardest to stay within an owner’s budget while practicing the best medicine we can. We also want the owner to be part of the decision making process to do what’s best for the pet.”
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this community.
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have a professional work ethic, positive personality, excellent communication skills, the ability to multi-task efficiently in a fast paced environment, provide a calm demeanor and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to clients.
This need is part-time at 25 hours/week. Will be working varying hours, ideally closing shift from 12:00p-6:00p Wed-Friday. Will work rotating Saturdays.
- Greet clients and their pets and complete the appointment sign in process which can include: inputting and retrieving information from the computer, confirming the reason for the appointment, receiving and confirming the client's contact information, letting the medical team know the patient has arrived and escort the client to the exam room with their pet.
- Assist clients with check-out including, but not limited to: ensuring services and product sales are correctly accounted, using the practice management software system, handling money, processing credit and debit cards, accepting and recording various forms of payment, and setting future appointments for follow-up visits.
- Answer phone calls from clients requesting appointments, asking questions about the hospital, requesting medication refills and call into pharmacy if needed as authorized by a veterinarian.
- Make outbound phone calls to remind clients of upcoming appointments as well as reminding owners to fast their pet for surgery, set appointments for pets due for services, etc.
- Understand common vaccination protocols, basic lab tests, common diseases, veterinary terminology and pet behavior.
- Assist in cleanliness and maintenance of the hospital to ensure a great client experience.
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary: $16-$18/hr
- 401(k) plan
- Guardian voluntary benefits
- Great pet benefits