Veterinary Technician | Full-Time
Technicians | East Hampton, NY
Seeking an independent and compassionate Veterinary Technician to join our team!
Why East Hampton Veterinary Center in East Hampton, NY?
In addition to diagnostic and preventative services, our hospital is equipped with digital radiography, digital dental radiography, in-house labs, and echocardiogram. We also offer TPLO/TTA, acupuncture, and ocular tonometry. We’re focused on making sure our hospital has the right tools to allow our doctor and medical staff the ability to provide excellent service and care.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this community.
Who are we looking for?
Must have 1+ years of veterinary technician experience. Candidates must have a strong work ethic, preserve a positive personality, capable of communicating effectively, be able to multi-task efficiently in a fast paced environment, have the ability to work in harmony with a team, possess a well-rounded technical skill-set, and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to patients as well as clients.
Mon, Tues, Fri, and Sat from 8:00a-4:30p.
- Assist the veterinarian in exam rooms and use veterinary software for documenting medical notes
- Perform venipuncture for phlebotomy and catheter placement
- Obtain laboratory sample collection, process and possibly interpret results (fecal/parasite analysis, ear cytology, skin cytology, urinalysis, blood smears)
- Perform diagnostic imaging
- Perform anesthesia
- Prep patients for and assist in surgery
- Perform dental prophies
- Administer vaccines and medications (oral, topical, injectable)
- Fill prescriptions and review directions with clients
- Communicate with and educate clients
- Provide compassionate patient care
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary: $18-$22/hr based on experience and skill set. We are also offering a welcome to the team bonus!!
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance for licensed technicians
- Guardian voluntary benefits