Overnight Veterinary Technician | Part Time | Shawnee, OK
Technicians | Shawnee, OK
Seeking an independent, compassionate Overnight Veterinary Technician to join our team!
Why Shawnee Animal Hospital in Shawnee, OK?
We’re focused on making sure our hospital has the right tools to allow our doctor and medical staff the ability to provide excellent service and care. In addition to diagnostic and preventative services, our hospital is equipped with digital radiography, in-house labs, endoscopy, cold laser therapy, ultrasound and portable x-ray. We also offer TightRope CCL repairs, shockwave therapy, ophthalmology services and exotic animal care.
Our team wants you to know...
Birthday parties? We love cake! Movie nights and dinner? Sign us up! Our team is committed to finding a way to laugh and have fun daily. From in-work events to after-hours get-togethers, we genuinely care about and support each other. And that work softball team? We’re working on it!
Schedule: We are looking for an overnight technician to care for hospitalized patients and possibly help with evening emergencies. Shift starting at 7pm and ending at 5am.
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have a strong work ethic, preserve a positive personality, capable of communicating effectively, be able to multi-task efficiently in a fast paced environment, have the ability to work in harmony with a team, possess a well-rounded technical skill set, and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to patients as well as clients.
- Assist the veterinarian in exam rooms and use veterinary software for documenting medical notes
- Perform venipuncture for phlebotomy and catheter placement
- Obtain laboratory sample collection, process and possibly interpret results (fecal/parasite analysis, ear cytology, skin cytology, urinalysis, blood smears)
- Perform diagnostic imaging
- Perform anesthesia
- Prep patients for and assist in surgery
- Perform dental prophies
- Administer vaccines and medications (oral, topical, injectable)
- Fill prescriptions and review directions with clients
- Communicate with and educate clients
- Provide compassionate patient care
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) plan
- Guardian voluntary benefits