Veterinary Assistant | Full Time | Charlotte, NC
Assistants | Charlotte, NC
Seeking an independent, compassionate Veterinary Assistant to join our team!
Why TotalBond - Riverbend Veterinary PetCare Hospital in Charlotte, NC?
Our TotalBond family understands that the strongest relationships, with both pets and people, are built on trust. In addition to diagnostic and preventative services, we offer laser therapy, digital radiography, ultrasound and more. We are focused on making sure our doctor team has the equipment and training to provide the highest level of care. Our hospital is AAHA accredited and our team is trained on low stress handling and we are certified as Feline Friendly.
As a new team member, you will be met with the cutest patients and a team that treats each other like family. We celebrate our success—both personal and professional—and support each other on tough days. This support means that our hospital is ready to welcome you with open arms or provide support and mentorship to a new graduate.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this community.
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have a strong work ethic, preserve a positive personality, capable of communicating effectively, be able to multi-task efficiently in a fast paced environment, have the ability to work in harmony with a team, possess a well-rounded technical skillset and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to patients as well as clients. Prefer applicants to have veterinary experience.
- Assisting Veterinarians and Licensed Veterinary Technicians.
- Handling and restraining pets for exams and procedures.
- Assist in the taking of x-rays
- Monitor and collect urine and fecal samples as needed
- Monitor, record, and report physical signs of hospitalized/boarded pets
- Responsible for cleaning/maintenance of hospital.
- Care of hospitalized/boarded pets as needed
- Fecal parasite sample collection and preparation
- Preparation of a prescription drug, other than a controlled substance, for dispensing
- Surgical assistance to a licensed veterinarian
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance for licensed technicians
- Guardian voluntary benefits