Veterinary Receptionist | Full Time | Fairview Heights, IL
Reception | Fairview Heights, IL
Seeking a compassionate and independent Veterinary Receptionist to join our team!
Why Fairview Heights Animal Clinic and The Animal Hospital of O'Fallon in O'Fallon, Illinois?
At Fairview Heights Animal Clinic and The Animal Hospital of O’Fallon, you can always expect professional, compassionate service and state-of-the-art medical equipment and diagnostic procedures. We are dedicated to providing the highest quality medical and surgical care to our patients and the best possible service to our clients. In addition to our veterinary services, we also offer emergency services, pet boarding and grooming. We are a busy group of practices and are excited to add new team members, with aspirations for professional growth and development!
- Greet clients and their pets and complete the appointment sign in process which can include: inputting and retrieving information from the computer, confirming the reason for the appointment, receiving and confirming the client's contact information, letting the medical team know the patient has arrived and escort the client to the exam room with their pet.
- Assist clients with check-out including, but not limited to: ensuring services and product sales are correctly accounted, using the practice management software system, handling money, processing credit and debit cards, accepting and recording various forms of payment, and setting future appointments for follow-up visits.
- Answer phone calls from clients requesting appointments, asking questions about the hospital, requesting medication refills and call into pharmacy if needed as authorized by a veterinarian.
- Make outbound phone calls to remind clients of upcoming appointments as well as reminding owners to fast their pet for surgery, set appointments for pets due for services, etc.
- Understand common vaccination protocols, basic lab tests, common diseases, veterinary terminology and pet behavior.
- Assist in cleanliness and maintenance of the hospital to ensure a great client experience.
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance for licensed technicians
- Guardian voluntary benefits