Maintenance Technician | Part-Time | Baxter, MN
Boarding/ Kennel/ Grooming/ Maintenance/Trainer | Baxter, MN
Seeking an independent and compassionate Maintenance Technician to join our team!
Why Lakeland Veterinary Hospital in Baxter, MN?
We’re focused on making sure our hospital has the right tools to allow our doctor and medical staff the ability to provide excellent service and care. We provide the highest level of veterinary care and pride ourselves on our client communication and the care and compassion of each member of our team.
Our team wants you to know...
"We are always working together to provide great care, but also to maintain a fun work environment. Our team gets along so well, which makes even the hardest of days a bit less stressful."
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have a professional work ethic, positive personality, excellent communication skills, the ability to multi-task efficiently in a fast paced environment, be a team player and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to patients and clients. Prefer applicants to have veterinary experience, but will consider the desire to learn from the right individual.
This need is part-time. Hours can be flexible and are up for discussion based on the needs of the hospital.
Requirements & Responsibilities:
- General maintenance and repairs throughout the hospital. This includes changing light bulbs, minor fixture repair, cleaning (sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, and vacuuming facility spaces; emptying trash containers; bathrooms; etc.).
- Cleaning equipment and facilities using chemicals and supplies; understands the importance of safety of use of chemicals in our facility.
- Maintain grounds in a clean and presentable fashion. We employ a lawn service, but general cleanliness and maintenance of the grounds is required. This includes weeding, watering plants, shrub maintenance, and shoveling sidewalks. Snow plow services are employed, but additional snow removal/touch-ups as needed.
- Maintain building interior and exterior, contacting specific contractors when necessary
- Complete the daily walkthrough maintenance list
- Identify areas to Practice Manager that are not being kept up to our standards, so he/she can notify the appropriate person(s)
- Clean floors using the floor machine daily. Buff floors weekly or as needed
- Painting and touch-ups of interior rooms, exterior surfaces as needed
- Maintain heating and cooling system in coordination with registered HVAC agent
- Maintain the central vacuum system
- Maintaining non-medical inventory and notifies Practice Manager of purchase needs
- Notifies Practice Manager concerning need for major repairs or additions to lighting, heating, and ventilating equipment
- Perform minor and routine plumbing, electrical wiring, and other related maintenance activities
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary: $17-$20/hr based on experience and skill set.
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance