Veterinary Assistant | Full-Time | Baxter, MN
Assistants | Baxter, MN
Lakeland Veterinary Hospital is seeking a FT Veterinary Assistant to join our team!
Location: 7372 Woida Rd N. Baxter, MN 56425
Salary: $13-$14 per hour based on experience and skill set!
Schedule: FT – Monday through Friday working 9 hour days from 9:00a-5:00p with one full week day off. On call weekends required (approx. 5 weekends per year with one holiday).
Are you looking for a clinic where you can practice at the top of your license? Would you like to put everything you learned in school into use?
Our well-established, AAHA-Accredited Hospital is proud to have Dr. Deb Piepgras, DVM, as our Medical Director. Lakeland Veterinary Hospital maintains a higher standard for veterinary service, and therefore opted to participate in the accreditation process, and adopt the standards of the AAHA to ensure we are offering the most technologically advanced and safe methods for veterinary medicine. Our practice has proudly been AAHA-accredited since 1999.
We offer a comprehensive suite of services, including Preventive Care, Diagnostics, Dental Care, Surgery, Specialty Services, Puppy & Kitten Care, and Senior Pet Care.
Our facility has 5 exam rooms 1 Euthanasia Suite, and a doctor’s office. We have been voted 'Best Veterinary Clinic' and 'Best Grooming" in the Brainerd Lakes Best Of Competition!
Why Join Us?
- AMAZING work/life balance.
- Excellent reputation in the community with a well-established clientele base (high compliance).
- Mentorship – NEW GRADS WELCOME! Mentorship is provided, and we fully support and encourage students who have their VTNE scheduled to apply!
- Culture – We support one another through regular team meetings and check-ins.
- 2 Certified Vet Technicians, 2 Vet Technicians, 2 Vet Assistants, and 3 Receptionists (supporting 3-doctors) that are all highly trained.
- We promote continued education & training opportunities.
- Hours of operation: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday 8:00 am – 5 pm. Closed Saturdays and Sundays
- FT at 35-40 hours/week
- While experience working in a kennel, veterinary hospital, animal shelter, or similar setting is preferred, we are also open to training individuals with no prior experience
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Annual Continuing education allowance
- Paid Time Off for Full Time employees
- Uniform allowance and yearly shoe credit
- 401k employer match (3.5%)
- Employee Assistance Program
- 100% paid short-term disability
- Generous Pet Discounts
Interested or want to learn more? APPLY or contact Amanda at email@example.com for more info!