Veterinary Assistant | Full-Time | No Weekends!
Assistants | Locust Grove, VA
Seeking an independent, compassionate Veterinary Assistant to join our team!
Why Lakewood Animal Hospital in Locust Grove, VA?
At Lakewood Animal Hospital, our mission is to enhance the human-animal bond by providing compassionate, state-of-the-art medical, surgical and dental care to our patients. Our services and facilities are designed to assist in routine preventive care for young, healthy pets, early detection and treatment of disease as your pet ages, and medical and surgical care as necessary during their lifetime.
As a new team member, you will be met with a team that works together, supports each other, and loves our patients! We celebrate our successes—both personal and professional—and support each other on tough days. This support means that our hospital is ready to welcome you with open arms or provide support and mentorship to a new graduate.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this community.
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have a strong work ethic, preserve a positive personality, be capable of communicating effectively, be able to multi-task efficiently in a fast-paced environment, can work in harmony with a team, possess a well-rounded technical skill set, and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to patients as well as clients.
This schedule consists of 3 or 4 shifts from 7:45 AM to 6 PM. No weekend hours!
- Assisting Veterinarians and Licensed Veterinary Technicians.
- Handling and restraining pets for exams and procedures.
- Assist in the taking of x-rays
- Monitor and collect urine and fecal samples as needed
- Monitor, record, and report physical signs of hospitalized/boarded pets
- Responsible for cleaning/maintenance of hospital.
- Care of hospitalized/boarded pets as needed
- Fecal parasite sample collection and preparation
- Preparation of a prescription drug, other than a controlled substance, for dispensing
- Surgical assistance to a licensed veterinarian
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance
- Guardian voluntary benefits
If your application seems like a good fit for the position we will contact you soon to schedule a phone interview. Please do not call the office directly to follow up on your application. Thank you for your understanding!