Veterinary Customer Service Representative | Full-Time| Alexandria, VA
Reception | Alexandria, VA
Seeking an independent, compassionate Customer Service Representative to join our team!
Why Caring Hands Animal Hospital in Alexandria, VA?
Caring Hands Animal Hospitals are large, well-equipped, AAHA-accredited facilities. We offer convenient hours six days a week and have an open-door policy to provide excellent service to our clients. Our full-service hospitals offer state of the art care for our patients including computerized patient records, digital radiography, and in-house laboratory.
Veterinary Receptionist (CCS) Qualifications/Requirements
The primary role of all Caring Hands Animal Hospital employees is to ensure that our clients and patients experience top-notch customer service and excellent patient care. Specific responsibilities of the Veterinary Receptionist include:
- Strong Customer Service skills. Ability to effectively communicate and educate clients.
- Be proficient in a variety of administrative skills and techniques ranging from but not limited to: data entry, filing, faxing, emails, use of office equipment, etc.
- Operate a high volume multi-line phone system, make and receive calls.
- Ability to maintain the appointment schedule. Scheduling appointments (exams, surgical procedures, etc.), monitoring for changes and adjust as needed
- Knowledgeable of small animal practice include wellness, vaccine schedules, preventative medications and routine lab work
- Record all pertinent medical, client and case related information in the patient record accurately with appropriate grammar and terms
- Greeting guests and appointment check in/out.
- Ability to process client transactions and assist in accounting of cash drawer; run end-of-day transaction reports
- Maintain a clean and orderly facility.
Qualified applicants will have the following traits & abilities:
- Previous relevant experience desirable
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Excellent communication skills, and teamwork abilities. Must be motivated to maintain our standards of excellent client services and high-quality patient care. Be a team player with exceptional client service and communication skills, attention to detail with a positive and compassionate attitude
- Strong computer skills. To perform this job successfully it will be necessary to become proficient in the use of the practice management software (AviMark).
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance for licensed technicians
- Guardian voluntary benefits