Veterinary Receptionist | Full-Time | Hiawatha, IA
Reception | Hiawatha, IA
Seeking an independent and compassionate Client Care Specialist to join our team!
Why Petersen Pet Hospital in Hiawatha, Iowa?
Petersen Pet Hospital in Hiawatha, Iowa is a beautiful, progressive, 7 doctor small animal practice. We are AAHA Accredited, Fear Free, Feline Friendly, pocket pet friendly upscale practice with an old-fashioned ethic of kindness, quality and caring.
Our doctors and team are dedicated to making a visit to our practice a low stress event for our patients and their owners and our client testimonials attest to our success. Led by Dr. Petersen and Dr. Saunders, our veterinarians are well educated and experienced. Most of all, they simply love animals. They are backed by a skilled support team that is friendly and enthusiastic.
We utilize gas anesthesia, anesthesia monitoring, pain management, in-house blood analysis, digital and dental radiology, ultrasound, cold laser therapy and laser surgery, endoscopy, orthopedic surgeries, and laparoscopy.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture of inclusivity and diversity for our community.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an individual who shares our CORE values to join our team as a Veterinary Assistant! Petersen Pet Hospital in Hiawatha, Iowa is a beautiful, progressive, AAHA Accredited, Feline Friendly, Fear Free upscale practice with an old-fashioned ethic of kindness, quality and caring.
CORE VALUES – Integrity/Honesty, Flexibility, Compassion, Accountability and Team Player
Our doctors and team are dedicated to making a visit to our practice a low stress event for our patients and their owners and our client testimonials attest to our success.
Led by Dr. Petersen and Dr. Saunders, our veterinarians are well educated and experienced. Most of all, they simply love animals. They are backed by a skilled support team that is friendly and enthusiastic.
- Must have experience working with animals and customer service
- Comfortable with dogs and cats of all breeds and sizes
- Ability to appropriately & safely restrain (when necessary) fractious pets
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Have strong client education & communication skills
- Must have a can-do attitude and be a team player
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to think clearly and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to demonstrate maturity, resiliency, and sound judgment when dealing with challenges
- Can maintain a sense of humor in a fast-paced environment
- Dependability and punctuality are a must
Desired Personality Characteristics:
- Flexible Personality
- Attention to Detail with a Great Sense of Urgency
- Friendly & Outgoing
- Strong Communication Skills
- Multitasking capabilities
- Organizational & Time management skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Initiative and problem-solving abilities
- Technical skills
$14-17/hour based on experience and specific skillsets
- Greet clients and their pets and complete the appointment sign in process which can include: inputting and retrieving information from the computer, confirming the reason for the appointment, receiving and confirming the client's contact information, letting the medical team know the patient has arrived and escort the client to the exam room with their pet.
- Assist clients with check-out including, but not limited to: ensuring services and product sales are correctly accounted, using the practice management software system, handling money, processing credit and debit cards, accepting and recording various forms of payment, and setting future appointments for follow-up visits.
- Answer phone calls from clients requesting appointments, asking questions about the hospital, requesting medication refills and call into pharmacy if needed as authorized by a veterinarian.
- Make outbound phone calls to remind clients of upcoming appointments as well as reminding owners to fast their pet for surgery, set appointments for pets due for services, etc.
- Understand common vaccination protocols, basic lab tests, common diseases, veterinary terminology and pet behavior.
- Assist in cleanliness and maintenance of the hospital to ensure a great client experience.
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Great Pet Discounts
- Continuing education allowance for licensed technicians
- Guardian voluntary benefits
Looking to relocate?
Hiawatha/Cedar Rapids is a vibrant city, encompassing unique attractions, exciting events, specialty shopping, a dynamic art scene, and a large variety of restaurants. You’ll find that Cedar Rapids offers one of the best places to live, work and play in the Midwest. Cedar Rapids offers a unique balance of big city amenities without all the typical hassles and headaches that come with a large city.