Veterinary Technician | Full-Time | Lino Lakes, MN
Technicians | Lino Lakes, MN
Seeking an independent and compassionate Technician to join our team!
Why Rice Creek Animal Hospital in Lino Lakes, MN?
We’re focused on making sure our hospital has the right tools to allow our doctor and medical staff the ability to provide excellent service and care. In addition to diagnostic and preventative services, our hospital is equipped with digital radiography, digital dental radiography, in-house labs, ultrasound, echocardiogram, and more.
Rice Creek Animal Hospital is a full-service veterinary medical facility established in 2011. The professional and courteous staff at Rice Creek Animal Hospital strives to provide the best possible medical care, surgical care and dental care for our highly valued patients. We are committed to promoting responsible pet ownership, preventative health care and health-related educational opportunities for our clients.
We value our employee’s work/life balance. Employees work 4 10-hour shifts (7:45am – 6:00pm with a 30-minute lunch break) and NO WEEKENDS. We foster a culture of teamwork and collaboration where all members of the team feel valued, respected, and appreciated.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this community.
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have at least 1+ years of veterinary technician experience, strong work ethic, preserve a positive personality, capable of communicating effectively, be able to multi-task efficiently in a fast-paced environment, have the ability to work in harmony with a team, possess a well-rounded technical skill set, and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to patients as well as clients.
-Must have at least 1+ years of veterinary technician experience
-Experience with surgery, monitoring anesthesia, and catheter placement
-CVT strongly preferred but not required
- Assist the veterinarian in exam rooms and use veterinary software for documenting medical notes
- Perform venipuncture for phlebotomy and catheter placement
- Obtain laboratory sample collection, process and possibly interpret results (fecal/parasite analysis, ear cytology, skin cytology, urinalysis, blood smears)
- Perform diagnostic imaging
- Monitor anesthesia
- Prep patients for and assist in surgery
- Perform dental prophies
- Administer vaccines and medications (oral, topical, injectable)
- Fill prescriptions and review directions with clients
- Communicate with and educate clients
- Provide compassionate patient care
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary: $19-$22/hr based on licensure, experience, and skillset!
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance for licensed technicians
- Guardian voluntary benefits
Looking to relocate?
Lino Lakes, MN, is in Anoka County, Minnesota, approximately 20 miles north of Minneapolis-St. Paul. Lino Lakes is a great place to live, work, and play. It offers residents a small-town feel with access to big-city amenities, making it a popular destination for families and professionals alike. We’re surrounded by beautiful lakes, numerous parks, hiking and biking trails, making it a popular destination for outdoor enthusiasts!