Veterinary Receptionist | Part-Time | Carrollton, TX
Reception | Carrollton, TX
Seeking an independent and compassionate Customer Service Rep to join our team!
Why All Creatures Veterinary Center in Carrollton, TX?
We’re focused on making sure our hospital has the right tools to allow our doctor and medical staff the ability to provide excellent service and care. In addition to diagnostic and preventative services, our hospital is equipped with digital radiography, digital dental radiography, in-house labs, cold therapy laser, ultrasound, and echocardiogram.
Our team wants you to know...
“We are all here because we love animals, we have a passion for ensuring their quality of life and health. Our doctors are always willing to, not only answer a question, but use it as a teaching moment.”
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this community.
This position is part time at 24-32 hours per week. Hours are 12:00p-6:30p (or until close) M-F and Saturdays 8am to 1pm.
The ideal candidate will have at least one year of experience as a receptionist or in a similar role with great customer service. Must be a clear communicator, comfortable engaging with clients both over the phone and in person, and handling emotionally escalated situations in a professional and friendly manner. Applicants must have a professional work ethic, positive personality, excellent communication skills, the ability to multi-task efficiently in a fast paced environment, provide a calm demeanor and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to clients. Prefer applicants to have veterinary experience.
- Greet clients and their pets and complete the appointment sign in process which can include: inputting and retrieving information from the computer, confirming the reason for the appointment, receiving and confirming the client's contact information, letting the medical team know the patient has arrived and escort the client to the exam room with their pet.
- Assist clients with check-out including, but not limited to: ensuring services and product sales are correctly accounted, using the practice management software system, handling money, processing credit and debit cards, accepting and recording various forms of payment, and setting future appointments for follow-up visits.
- Answer phone calls from clients requesting appointments, asking questions about the hospital, requesting medication refills and call into pharmacy if needed as authorized by a veterinarian.
- Make outbound phone calls to remind clients of upcoming appointments as well as reminding owners to fast their pet for surgery, set appointments for pets due for services, etc.
- Understand common vaccination protocols, basic lab tests, common diseases, veterinary terminology and pet behavior.
- Assist in cleanliness and maintenance of the hospital to ensure a great client experience.
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary: $16-$19/hr based on experience and skill set.
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance for licensed technicians
- Guardian voluntary benefits