Veterinary Assistant | Part Time | Wewoka, OK
Assistants | Wewoka, OK
Seeking an independent, compassionate Vet Assistant to join our team!
At Wewoka Animal Hospital, we’re focused on making sure our hospital has the right tools to allow our doctors and medical staff the ability to provide excellent service and care to the small, large and exotic animals in our area. In addition to diagnostic and preventative services, our hospital is equipped with digital radiography, in-house labs, endoscopy, cold laser therapy, ultrasound and portable x-ray. We also offer TightRope CCL repairs, shockwave therapy and ophthalmology services.
We don’t just work though; we have a lot of fun too! Birthday parties? We love cake! Movie nights and dinner? Sign us up! Our team is committed to finding a way to laugh and have fun each day. From in-work events to after-hours teambuilding, we genuinely care about and support each other. And that softball team? We’re working on it!
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this
Applicants must have a strong work ethic, preserve a positive personality, capable of communicating effectively, be able to multi-task efficiently in a fast paced environment, have the ability to work in harmony with a team, possess a well-rounded technical skill-set, and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to patients as well as clients.
- Assisting Veterinarians and Licensed Veterinary Technicians.
- Handling and restraining pets for exams and procedures.
- Assist in the taking of x-rays
- Monitor and collect urine and fecal samples as needed
- Monitor, record, and report physical signs of hospitalized/boarded pets
- Responsible for cleaning/maintenance of hospital.
- Care of hospitalized/boarded pets as needed
- Fecal parasite sample collection and preparation
- Preparation of a prescription drug, other than a controlled substance, for dispensing
- Surgical assistance to a licensed veterinarian
We're dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life.
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) plan