Licensed Veterinary Technician | Per Diem | Pound Ridge, NY
Technicians | Pound Ridge, NY
Seeking an independent, compassionate Per Diem Licensed Veterinary Technician to join our team!
Why Pound Ridge Veterinary Center in Pound Ridge, NY?
We’re focused on making sure our hospital has the right tools to allow our doctor and medical staff the ability to provide excellent service and care. In addition to diagnostic and preventative services, our hospital is equipped with digital radiography, digital dental radiography, in-house labs, and ultrasound.
Our team wants you to know...
"We are very compassionate, our hospital goes above and beyond, whether it is going to the car to give a dog its biweekly injection (since she is so nervous to come inside), or scheduling house calls so pets can stay comfortable. We truly care about our patients happiness!"
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have a strong work ethic, preserve a positive personality, capable of communicating effectively, be able to multi-task efficiently in a fast paced environment, have the ability to work in harmony with a team, possess a well-rounded technical skill set, and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to patients as well as clients. A valid New York State Veterinary Technician's license is required for this position, and the ideal candidate will have 2+ years of experience.
Schedule: This is for a per diem position, so we can accommodate flexible scheduling. Our hospital hours are M-F 8am to 5pm, and Saturdays 8am to 12pm.
- Assist the veterinarian in exam rooms and use veterinary software for documenting medical notes
- Perform venipuncture for phlebotomy and catheter placement
- Obtain laboratory sample collection, process and possibly interpret results (fecal/parasite analysis, ear cytology, skin cytology, urinalysis, blood smears)
- Perform diagnostic imaging
- Perform anesthesia
- Prep patients for and assist in surgery
- Perform dental prophies
- Administer vaccines and medications (oral, topical, injectable)
- Fill prescriptions and review directions with clients
- Communicate with and educate clients
- Provide compassionate patient care
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance for licensed technicians
- Guardian voluntary benefits
Looking to relocate?
Pound Ridge as a beautiful, historic, small-town bordering Stamford, CT and Bedford, NY. Our team recommends heading over to Ward Pound Ridge Reservation, where you can explore the trails, go lean-to camping, have a picnic, fish, or cross-country ski!