Veterinary Assistant | Full-Time | Pine Plains, NY
Assistants | Pine Plains, NY
Seeking an independent, compassionate Assistant to join our team!
Pine Plains Veterinary Associates was founded by Dr. Edward Sadler, who opened the practice on Farview Avenue in Pine Plains in 1932. As the reputation of Pine Plains Veterinary Associates continued to grow, so has the clinic itself. Our more recent improvements include the addition of digital radiographic equipment, blood analyzing laboratory tools, an advanced surgical monitoring system, IV pumps, and much more. We're proud of our detailed attention to veterinary care. We know that our clients expect and deserve our very best!
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this community.
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have a strong work ethic, preserve a positive personality, be capable of communicating effectively, be able to multi-task efficiently in a fast-paced environment, can work in harmony with a team, possess a well-rounded technical skill set, and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to patients as well as clients.
- Assisting Veterinarians and Licensed Veterinary Technicians.
- Handling and restraining pets for exams and procedures.
- Assist in the taking of x-rays
- Monitor and collect urine and fecal samples as needed
- Monitor, record, and report physical signs of hospitalized/boarded pets
- Responsible for cleaning/maintenance of hospital.
- Care of hospitalized/boarded pets as needed
- Fecal parasite sample collection and preparation
- Preparation of a prescription drug, other than a controlled substance, for dispensing
- Surgical assistance to a licensed veterinarian
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance
- Guardian voluntary benefits