Veterinary Assistant| Full-Time| Arlington, VA
Assistants | Arlington, VA
Caring Hands Animal Hospital of Clarendon is seeking a dedicated, enthusiastic Vet Assistant to join our team!
We are seeking career-oriented individuals who are committed to the profession, value compassionate care and teamwork, and will put forth the extra effort needed to achieve the high-quality service our clients expect.
Why Caring Hands Animal Hospital of Clarendon in Arlington, VA?
Caring Hands Animal Hospitals are large, well-equipped, AAHA-accredited facilities. We offer convenient hours six days a week and have an open-door policy to provide excellent service to our clients. Our full-service hospitals offer state of the art care for our patients including computerized patient records, digital radiography, and in-house laboratory.
Veterinary Assistant Qualifications/Requirements
The primary role of all Caring Hands Animal Hospital employees is to ensure that our clients and patients experience top-notch customer service and excellent patient care. Specific responsibilities of the Veterinary Assistants include:
- Provide patient care under the direction of a DVM
- Be proficient in a variety of medical skills and techniques ranging from but not limited to: restraining, taking vitals, administering vaccines, sample collection, etc.
- Knowledgeable of the different departments in the hospital including laboratory, pharmacy, radiology, surgery, dental and nursing skills.
- Record all pertinent medical, client and case related information in the patient record accurately with appropriate grammar and terms
- Strong Client Communication and Education. Ability to review medical records, estimates and/or discharge instructions with clients
- To perform this job successfully it will be necessary to become proficient in the use of the practice management software
- Maintain a clean and orderly facility.
Qualified applicants will have the following traits & abilities:
- Previous relevant experience desirable
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Excellent communication skills, and teamwork abilities
- Strong computer skills
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance for licensed technicians
- Guardian voluntary benefits