Veterinary Compliance and Inventory Assistant
Inventory | Wildwood, MO
Open to part-time or full-time. Will be working in the evenings and weekends. Schedule will change based on needs of the hospital.
- High School Diploma required
- 2-year College Degree and RVT preferred
Must have at least 3+ years of previous veterinary medicine experience. RVT or Practice Management preferred.
- Be able to lift 30lbs unassisted
- Be able to work efficiently and productive in a loud environment
- Be able to work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Be able to problem-solve and effectively communicate with the medical team
Inventory Performance Expectations –
- Handle purchasing activities complying with clinic policies and within budget
- Manage purchase orders
- Assist in maintaining appropriate levels of “quantity on hand”, “reorder level” and “reorder quantity” in our PIMS
- Handle the organization and paperwork of received orders
- Handle backorders and inaccuracies
- Oversees all receipts of inventory items with inventory assistant into the software system
- Oversees barcoding system of inventory items
- Assists or oversees rotation of stock supporting the “first in first out” theory
- Assists or oversees returns of overstock, short-dated, or outdated items to vendors for credit
- Assists in Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly and Annual inventory counts
- Assists in DEA and BNDD substance control, logging, and audits (according to legal requirements)
- Handles in-clinic usage of items
- Assists in disposal and adjustments of expired products, including DEA/BNDD substances
- Assists in the updating of inventory costs and pricing in software to reflect accurate product markup or margin
- Assists in the minimization of product duplication and promotes consolidation
- Assists in the identification of waste within the inventory department and takes corrective action
Accounts Compliance Performance Expectations –
Audit Appointments and Patient Visits
- Look ahead at upcoming appointments, review the patient’s chart, and make necessary medical notes for the medical team for a successful patient visit and exceptional client experience
- Audit live appointments and patient visit lists (PVLs) for incorrect and/or missed entries before the patient is checked out of the hospital. Confirm pre-audit notes and client concerns were addressed.
- Audit in-hospital and surgical patient charts and PVLs for incorrect and/or missed entries.
- Report to supervisors for trends of loss or improvements needed.
- Ensure any recommendations from the medical team are noted on the PVL and/or declined.
- Available for medical and reception teams, answering patient visit protocol questions or concerns.
- Mentor and guide team members to the correct resource for HR concerns.
Audit Open PVLs
- Audit for open PVL’s – entering callbacks for receptionists to complete the transaction and receive payment.
- Audit open PVL’s for prescriptions that need to be put back in stock
- Document KPIs and charges captured while auditing
- Guide team members for success as each need arises.
- Work with supervisor to assess discount trends/reasons.
Acts as a leader in the organization by representing the expected behaviors and action of Fox Creek Culture to provide the best medical care possible, best client experience and customer service and treating each other with respect and care.
- Competitive salary: $17-$22/hr based on experience and skill set.
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance for licensed technicians
- Guardian voluntary benefits