Kennel Assistant | Part-Time | Locust Grove, VA
Boarding/ Kennel/ Grooming/ Maintenance/Trainer | Locust Grove, VA
Seeking an independent, compassionate Kennel Assistant to join our team!
Why Lakewood Animal Hospital in Locust Grove, VA?
At Lakewood Animal Hospital, our mission is to enhance the human-animal bond by providing compassionate, state-of-the-art medical, surgical and dental care to our patients. Our services and facilities are designed to assist in routine preventive care for young, healthy pets, early detection and treatment of disease as your pet ages, and medical and surgical care as necessary during their lifetime.
As a new team member, you will be met with a team that works together, supports each other, and loves our patients! We celebrate our successes—both personal and professional—and support each other on tough days. This support means that our hospital is ready to welcome you with open arms or provide support and mentorship to a new graduate.
- Monitoring the health and comfort of the animals as well as recognizing emergency situations and reporting any health concerns to appropriate personnel
- Documentation of all treatments and abnormal activity
- Feeding and providing fresh water to dogs and cats on schedule
- Washing dishes and bowls as well as cat litter boxes
- Washing & disinfecting kennels and cages
- Changing bedding when soiled and replace with clean bedding
- Washing, drying, & folding laundry
- General housekeeping of animal housing, food prep, and laundry areas
- Administration of oral or topical medications including flea and tick medications
- Checking patients in and out for boarding. Responsible for labeling belongings and medications as well as ID collars
- Other tasks needed to ensure the health and safety of the animals