Veterinary Technician Supervisor
Technicians | Arvada, CO
Seeking an independent, compassionate Technician Supervisor to join our team!
Why Indian Tree Animal Hospital in Arvada, CO?
We’re focused on making sure our hospital has the right tools to allow our doctor and medical staff the ability to provide excellent service and care.In addition to diagnostic and preventative services, our hospital is equipped with digital radiography, digital dental radiography, in-house labs, CO2 laser, cold laser therapy, ultrasound. We also offer acupuncture, orthopedic surgery, and echocardiogram services (through specialists)
Our team wants you to know...
"I work with an amazing crew from Doctors to technicians to CCR’s. Not only do they bring a smile to my face, they help make my job so much easier and bring a fun aspect to my otherwise serious side. I also enjoy interacting with our clients and sharing in all their sorrows and joys. Though this is a very emotional career filled with many, many stressors, I can’t imagine doing anything else!"
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this community.
- Oversee the daily clinical activities of the hospital.
- Assist the Technician Supervisor and Practice Manager in staff training.
- Monitor Veterinary Technicians and Assistants daily duties and workflow.
- Lead the team of technicians and assistants in their performance of a variety of technical and client education duties that facilitate the work of the veterinarians.
- Assist the Practice Manager in staff training, orientation and the interview process of technical staff
- Assume responsibility for compiling an inventory order list, logging inventory and other duties related to ordering and inventory as assigned.
- Perform equipment management and maintenance.
- Oversee the daily appointment schedule to best expedite the flow of the day.
- Schedule, coordinate and conduct technician meetings.
- Assist the veterinarian in exam rooms and use veterinary software for documenting medical notes.
- Ordering supplies through approved vendors.
- Ensure staff compliance with safety policies and hospital procedures.
- Delegate tasks to staff members when appropriate.
- Participate in staff engagement activities, encourage morale and support a positive culture.
- Assist in growing technical staff to their skillset goals.
- Work closely with the Client Care Supervisor, Practice Manager and Practice Owner to update policies ad procedures for utmost proficiency.
- Perform venipuncture for phlebotomy and catheter placement.
- Obtain laboratory samples, process and possibly interpret results (fecal/parasite analysis, ear cytology, skin cytology, urinalysis, blood smears).
- Perform diagnostic imaging (digital radiography, ultrasound for cystocentesis).
- Prepare patients for and assist in surgery (setting up equipment, estimates, IV catheter placement, induction, anesthesia monitoring, patient care and recovery, and controlled drug logging).
- Perform dental prophies and dental x-rays.
- Administer vaccines and medications (oral, nasal, topical, injectable).
- Fill prescriptions and review directions with clients.
- Communicate with and educate clients.
- Provide compassionate patient care.
- Assist Client Care team with administrative duties if/when needed.
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary of $26-$30/hour and up dependent on experience
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance for licensed technicians
- Guardian voluntary benefits