Reception | Rye, NY
Seeking an independent and compassionate Receptionist to join our team!
Why Rye Harrison Veterinary Hospital in Rye, NY?
We’re focused on making sure our hospital has the right tools to allow our doctor and medical staff the ability to provide excellent service and care. In addition to diagnostic and preventative services, our hospital has a laser surgical unit, diagnostic ultrasound machine, digital X-ray units, for both standard as well as dental radiographs, endoscopic equipment, and high tech monitors for all anesthetic procedures.
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this community.
We're a family!
We’ve done a 5k Mud Run and Escape the Room together, but some of our favorite moments are the simplest ones.
“My favorite thing that we’ve done together is dinner outings. Although it sounds boring to just have dinner, you can never share too many funny stories with your co-workers whether it be about work or home. We are a family that has fun at the dinner table!”
Candidates must have 2+ years of front desk experience. Previous experience in a veterinary or medical setting preferred, but not needed - we will train!
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have a professional work ethic, positive personality, excellent communication skills, the ability to multi-task efficiently in a fast paced environment, provide a calm demeanor and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to clients.
We have full time available!
- Greet clients and their pets and complete the appointment sign in process which can include: inputting and retrieving information from the computer, confirming the reason for the appointment, receiving and confirming the client's contact information, letting the medical team know the patient has arrived and escort the client to the exam room with their pet.
- Assist clients with check-out including, but not limited to: ensuring services and product sales are correctly accounted, using the practice management software system, handling money, processing credit and debit cards, accepting and recording various forms of payment, and setting future appointments for follow-up visits.
- Answer phone calls from clients requesting appointments, asking questions about the hospital, requesting medication refills and call into pharmacy if needed as authorized by a veterinarian.
- Make outbound phone calls to remind clients of upcoming appointments as well as reminding owners to fast their pet for surgery, set appointments for pets due for services, etc.
- Understand common vaccination protocols, basic lab tests, common diseases, veterinary terminology and pet behavior.
- Assist in cleanliness and maintenance of the hospital to ensure a great client experience.
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. For full-time employees these include:
- Competitive salary: $18-$22/hr based on experience and skill set.
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance for licensed technicians
- Guardian voluntary benefits