Assistants | Parker, CO
Seeking a Veterinary Assistant - Learn and Thrive with Us!
Come experience and live the PCAC difference.
Parker Center Animal Clinic believes in giving the best care to our best friends. At PCAC you have the opportunity to give compassionate, high-quality care to clients and patients who enjoy the relationships we build with them. We are an AAHA Accredited and a Cat-Friendly Practice so you know you will get to practice great client and patient care with us!
Why Our Team is the Best
Parker Center Animal Clinic is a 5 doctor small animal (dogs, cats, and exotics) hospital located in Parker, Colorado. We see patients for a variety of needs including wellness, illness, surgery, and dentistry. We have an outstanding team that has a lot of fun working together. We thrive in our busy, fast-paced environment where we all support one another with a positive culture. We're also big on individual leadership to create great teamwork!
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this community.
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have at least 1+ years of recent veterinary assistant experience, strong work ethic, preserve a positive personality, capable of communicating effectively, be able to multi-task efficiently in a fast paced environment, have the ability to work in harmony with a team, possess a well-rounded technical skill-set, and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to patients as well as clients.
- Assisting Veterinarians and Licensed Veterinary Technicians.
- Handling and restraining pets for exams and procedures.
- Assist in the taking of x-rays
- Monitor and collect urine and fecal samples as needed
- Monitor, record, and report physical signs of hospitalized/boarded pets
- Responsible for cleaning/maintenance of hospital.
- Care of hospitalized/boarded pets as needed
- Fecal parasite sample collection and preparation
- Preparation of a prescription drug, other than a controlled substance, for dispensing
- Surgical assistance to a licensed veterinarian
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary: $19-$22.00/hr based on experience and skill set.
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance for licensed technicians
- Guardian voluntary benefits