Assistants | Austin, TX
Seeking an independent and compassionate Full-Time Veterinary Technician Assistant to join our team!
About AM/PM Animal Hospital in Austin, TX:
We’re focused on making sure our hospital has the right tools to allow our doctor and medical staff the ability to provide excellent service and care. In addition to diagnostic and preventative services, our hospital is equipped with digital radiography, in-house labs, and ultrasound. We offer everything a pet could ever need to be happy and healthy, including wellness care, specialty services, advanced treatments, and emergency care.
Why work for AM/PM?
AM/PM has a great team-based culture where everyone works together for the common goal of providing exceptional care to our patients. A seniored leadership & management team that provides excellent training and support to every individual. Offering a set 2-week rotation schedule that allows you to plan & receive a great work/life balance.
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have recent experience working as a veterinary assistant, a strong work ethic, preserve a positive personality, capable of communicating effectively, be able to multi-task efficiently in a fast paced environment, have the ability to work in harmony with a team, possess a well-rounded technical skillset and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to patients as well as clients. Prefer applicants to have veterinary experience.
Requirements & Responsibilities:
- Assisting Veterinarians and Licensed Veterinary Technicians.
- Must be willing to be trained and work up front.
- Handling and restraining pets for exams and procedures.
- Assist in the taking of x-rays
- Monitor and collect urine and fecal samples as needed
- Monitor, record, and report physical signs of hospitalized/boarded pets
- Responsible for cleaning/maintenance of hospital.
- Care of hospitalized/boarded pets as needed
- Fecal parasite sample collection and preparation
- Preparation of a prescription drug, other than a controlled substance, for dispensing
- Surgical assistance to a licensed veterinarian
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary: $16-$18/hr based on experience and skill set. Plus a sign-on bonus!!
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance
- Guardian voluntary benefits
Looking to Relocate?
In the heart of the state capital, Austin has a vibrant music and arts scene, gorgeous outdoor spaces, and some of the best food you’ll have a chance to sample. Take a dip in Hamilton Pool, watch 1.5 million bats emerge from underneath Congress Bridge at dusk, immerse yourself in the Austin music scene, and, of course, enjoy some of the best BBQ ever!